Kent Sport Small Grant for FANS Members
Sport involved in at a national level:
Metro Judo Club
Contributions towards an international training camp in Koksidje, Belgium and the Scottish Open Championships.
What are some of your best achievements to date?
- Scottish Open Championships 2019 – 1st under 21
- English Open Championships 2019 – 2nd under 21
- Kent International 2019 – 1st under 21 and 2nd seniors
- British Schools Championships 2018 – 3rd
- English Open Championships 2018 – 2nd juniors
- National Teams Championships 2018 – 2nd
- Northern Home Counties Open 2018 – 1st
- Welsh Open Championships 2018 – 3rd
What do you do to help you prepare for a competition?
I will manage weight and training in the week before a competition, ensuring that I will be on weight and reducing stress. This allows me to compete at my optimum level.
What are some of the challenges you have experienced within your chosen sport?
I have to travel three times a week to London for an adequate level of training, combined with national duties with England, GB and the GB Elite Development Squad which require me to travel to Birmingham regularly. On top of this is an increased need to travel into Europe to compete in European competitions and camps.