On average, we spend 60% of our waking hours at work and for many of us, most of this time is spent sitting. Research suggests that sitting for long periods of time is not great for our overall health and wellbeing so when you are sitting down for long periods, try to break it up.
To help break up any long periods of sitting, to keep your body moving and your blood pumping, why not ask us about our unique 5 minute exercise routine which can be delivered to your staff and be incorporated into their working day.
Here are some more ideas and suggestions on how to get your colleagues active at work:
- organise an onsite ‘virtual’ rowing or cycling challenge
- schedule a team or departmental midday mile every day, week or month
- find a table in the office and set up a portable table tennis net for a game of instant ping pong
- join a local football/rounders/netball/softball league (or set up your own)
- signpost to local clubs/activities using the Kent Sport Activity Finder
- invite a local coach/club to deliver sessions onsite (Kent Sport can link you up with the appropriate club or coach)
- qualify someone internally to become a walk or run leader to deliver beginner-friendly sessions (ask us about the funding that is available to support the new leader)
- enter teams to compete in a local charity event
- share inspirational stories of your own employees achievements.