During 2018 Ross has been focusing on yacht sailing and dinghy team racing and in 2019 will be sailing the Waszp class.
Aged 14, Ross was crowned the UK 2013 Under 19 National Champion in the single person Laser 4.7 dinghy.
In September 2014, he moved across to the two person 420 dinghy to extend his skills and experience working in a team and was crowned 2015 U19 Boys Youth National Champion.
At the end of 2015 Ross was selected to represent Great Britain at the ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships in Malaysia. Ross and his crewmate Max pulled themselves up from a difficult start to finish 16th overall in the boys’ 420 class.
Ross finished 2017 ranked 3rd nationally in the 29er class.
His long term aims include competing in Kiel week in Germany and the European Championships in Italy.
Date of birth: 12 June 1999
- 2018: Won the J Cup in the J70 class at Cowes, Isle of Wight
- 2018: Dinghy team racing – 2nd out of 18 teams and won the round robin competition
- 2017: RYA National Championships – 3rd place (29er class)
- 2017: 29er Europeans – 12th place
- 2017: 29er World Championships – 15th place
- 2016: 29er Euro Cup (Lake Garda) – 4th place
- 2016: GP1 Weymouth – 1st place
- 2016: Selected for the UK National Youth Squad (29er class)
- 2016: RYA Youth National Championships – 10th place (29er class)
- 2015: ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships – 16th place
- 2015: Selected to represent Great Britain at the 2015 ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships in Malaysia in December
- 2015: Ranked No1 in UK after selection trials for World and European Championships
- 2015: Winner overall, UK National Champions – 1st in Open Category and Under 17s & U19s
- 2015: 4th Team GBR-1 – 420 Team racing World Championships, Italy
- 2015: Team GBR – Junior European Championships, Bulgaria – 7th European Boys U19s fleet
- 2015: 1st Flanders Pre-World’s regatta
- 2014: Palamos International 420 Regatta, Spain – 2nd
- 2014: UK 420 End of Seasons Championships – 1st
- 2014: Laser Radial National Championships, 3rd British Junior
- 2013: Laser 4.7 Under 19 National Champion (at age 14)
- 2013: Laser 4.7 Junior (under 16) National Champion
- 2012: National squad and Team-GB Optimist dinghy