Bryony first began Windsurfing in the south of France and since then the sport has become a key interest in her life.
In 2016, she competed in the Women’s RS:X class at the Rio Olympic Games where she finished 9th in the overall standings.
In 2008, Bryony brought home a bronze medal at the Beijing Olympic Games making her the country’s first Olympic bronze medallist in her class.
Bryony also competed at the London 2012 Games.
Date of birth: 28 April 1983
Current ranking: World No 1 (June 2016)
- 2016: 9th place overall at the Rio Olympic Games
- 2015: Silver medal at the RS:X Windsurfing World Championships in Oman
- 2015: Selected to represent GB at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 2015: Gold medal at RS:X European Championships in Sicily
- 2014: Gold medal at the Sailing World Cup Final in Abu Dhabi
- 2013: Awarded the British Sailing Team’s Athlete of the Year title
- 2013: Gold medal at the ISAF Sailing World Cup in Hyeres
- 2013: Silver medal at the RS:X World Cup held in Palma
- 2013: Silver medal at the RS:X World Championship held in Brazil
- 2012: Finished 7th overall after finishing 5th in the medal race at London 2012
- 2012: Selected for TeamGB at London 2012
- 2012: Bronze medal at the European Championships held in Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2010: Gold medal at the World Cup held in France
- 2009: Silver medal at the World Cup held in Weymouth, UK
- 2008: Represented GB at the Beijing Olympic Games achieving a bronze medal; making her the country’s first ever British Medallist in Women’s windsurfing
- 2007: Gold medal at the Olympic Test event
- 2006: Silver medal at the European Championships held in Alacati, Turkey
- 2005: Gold medal at the RS;X Raceboard Worlds held in Cadiz, Spain