Kent Sport have teamed up with YouCan, a youth cancer charity based in South East England, which supports young people aged 10 to 30 whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
We recognise that cancer can affect confidence and self-esteem, and take its toll on education and career plans. We appreciate the power of sport as a tool to impact the lives of those affected and how it could make a significant difference to their aspirations and ambitions.
For more information about the charity please visit the YouCan website.
Interested in finding out more about the relationship between physical activity and cancer?
Why not visit our Just Giving page to see how our fundraising for YouCan is going?
Kent Sport are looking to partner with a number of sports and activity providers to run a programme of activity for our young people across Kent, giving them the opportunity to participate in a variety of sport and physical activity sessions.
We would like to work together to:
- Provide free training for coaches and sports development professionals on how to engage and deliver to those affected by cancer
- Run a consultation taster day for young people and their families
- Identify the most relevant sports
- Establish 6-8 week sessions in these sports (funding is available)
How YouCan help
We are now seeking sports professionals to dedicate their time and expertise to make this a reality.
- YouCan host a free training workshop
- Improve your knowledge on working with young people affected by attending a workshop
- Offer your time to showcase your sport at our consultation taster day
- Be willing to facilitate a 6-8 week coached programme of activity in your sport (funding is available to cover coaching, facilities, equipment, marketing)
To take a look at some of the sports we’re already working with, click any of the links below:
In total, nine sports are already signed up, but we want to make sure we are able to offer the opportunity as widely as possible. If you would like to know more, or get involved, contact Sophie Ward: Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org, 03000 417225.